Thursday, November 17, 2005

What a mess. The other day I saw that they were calling for snow and lots of rain so I thought I would be able to get the new glass in the window panes of our sunroom installed with time to spare. If the weather forecast had been right then they would have had all night for the caulking to dry and the next day before it started snowing that evening. But, as usual, they were wrong and it started snowing just as I finished. It has been raining for two days since and when I left for work this morning the windows looked like it was raining milk. What a mess! I hope the glass doesn't fall out. All the caulking has washed down the windows and now the rain is getting inside the sunroom. What fun. I think I am going to have to wait until next summer now to finish that sunroom. It is really a shame because it is our entry way and the first thing people see when they walk by our house or come in. I wanted to get the glass in before Paul laid the flooring and painted the walls etc. so they wouldn't get wrecked by the water leaking in through the windows but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I had to make three trips to the glass cutter before we got the glass just right for each pane because the wood is old and some of it is rotting so the panes are not uniform. I spent the entire day working on it and all for nothing. Now I have a huge mess to clean up before I can start over from scratch. Tell me why I wanted a sunroom again? Well, I will clean my mess up but I think Paul will have to be the one to do the caulking next time. It almost killed me because the cauking gun trigger pressed right on the spot where I have the glass still in my hand. It hurt like hell but I thought the pain was worth it because I would get to have my sunroom finished in time for all the Christmas visitors. Next time I won't bother. It is just that it is really embarrassing to have such a junky entry way. At least maybe I will tack some sheets up to the windows so the neighbors can't see in. It is sort of our 'catch all' room now where all the stuff we don't have room for somewhere else gets thrown. Oh well. At least I can't complain about being bored since I have so much to do. I am just praying that maybe, just maybe, we will get a few nice warm dry days before the winter weather sets in for good and we can get it all cleaned up. I can at least dream, can't I?

No comments: