Monday, March 20, 2006

Dogs, dogs, dogs...

So, things didn't work out with dog sitting the other dog. That is probably a good thing though. I am still considering getting another dog. I would love to get a greyhound but the only negative thing is that you can't let them off the leash. When a dog can get up to 45mph in less than 3 seconds, you know for sure you are not going to catch it if it gets away! Daisy is so trained that we leave her off the leash a lot of the time. The other negative right now is the cost. There is a $300 adoption fee, plus you have to buy a coat and a big crate. We just don't have the money right now.

Oh, but how cute are they??? I hope no one minds, but I republished these photos from the greyhound adoption site. My friend (Hi Jennie) thinks greyhounds are ugly, but just take a look. Can't get much cuter than this:



Here is the link if anyone wants to see more pics or find out how to adopt a greyhound. My co-worker is adopting one (Yvonne) and will be picking her up this week. Someone just adopted Chekard, the golden girl I wanted. Their pics are on the site under "our fosters". Oh, if only I could scrounge up the money......

http://www.greyhoundadoption.ca/

Maybe I will just get a little lap dog to keep Daisy company when we are out, but won't take up much room and will be fun to snuggle with. The only concern there is the fact that small dogs are often yappy and I can't stand yappy dogs!


3 comments:

Lesley said...

They are nice looking dogs, I think handsome is a better word to describe them than cute...instead of saving up for a dog shouldn't you be saving up for some nursery furniture? College fund? Braces? Kids aren't cheap either! I'm just lucky that my kids don't know about designer clothes yet and are happy with Old Navy!

Alberta said...

Heather was thinking about adopting a greyhound! She would love a pet and Jeff has cat allergies. Whatcha waiting for H?

Anonymous said...

Heather, No time like the present!

Yea Les, you are right. I should thinking about baby stuff right now. I soooo wish I could have a ton of kids and be a full time stay at home mom, but that will never happen in my lifetime. So, best I can hope for now is just one, but hopefully in the near future.

First I have to get a better job so I can afford anything, kids, dogs, food, roof over our heads..etc.