Sunday, December 31, 2006

Poor Daisy. I guess she is as accident prone as her momma. We have matching bandages. We took her to the park for a doggie date yesterday and she cut the pad of her paw on something. She's such a good girl, she isn't even trying to pull off the bandage, which is what we thought she would do. It is such a sin to see her hobbling around on 3 paws, it makes me want to cry. Normally she is such a tough girl. I've seen her running to catch a ball and just smash her head on the side of the door frame. She just wobbles a bit, shakes her head and keeps going. I've seen her flip over in the air and land on the ground on her back while trying to catch a frizbee the wind has got ahold of, and still get it and bring it back to play some more. But this time she won't walk up or down stairs by herself. She just stood there yesterday staring at us from the top of the stairs for about 20 minutes until Paul figured out that she was afraid to walk down the stairs. She is too heavy for me to carry so Paul had to go get her. And carry her up to bed last night. What a sad sight!

I returned the RR no problem. They didn't have a manual one like the nice one out west everyone in the family seems to enjoy so much. So I bought a cheap $22 General Electric 135 watt mini-chopper. No blades to change, cause it only comes with one. It actually works great. I cut up onions last night for our hamburgers in 2 seconds...hehe. I love kitchen gadgets. And because it is small and white, I can leave it right out on the kitchen counter. Someday I will find a nice Cuisinart. Who knows, I may even come accross an old one at Value Villiage. A girl at work has a really old one and it still works like a charm. My little chopper only does one thing, chop. But hey, at least it doesn't turn everything to baby food and there is less chance of me earning a new nickname, something about only having 9 fingers...

1 comment:

New MrsIngram said...

I have the mini chopper I think you're talking about .. it's perfect for when Joeye started eating more than just cereal and I would use it to mash up food and I would feed her whatever we were eating. Well not like nacho's or anything, but veggies and fruit, that sort of thing! It was super handy to have around. Hope your finger gets better soon.